Office Outlook 2007

Ventad 17:31 03 Dec 2009

For some unknown reason all of a sudden when opening outlook the UAC window requests permission and when I try clicking on a link on an email a window pops up

"this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer. Please contact your system administrator"

all other office programmes are OK, any advice please I have checked through pop up blocker but seems OK

Ventad 17:37 03 Dec 2009

Sorry meant to say I am logged in as administrator

Sea Urchin 17:40 03 Dec 2009
  Ventad 17:55 03 Dec 2009

Thanks I do not have another computer I can do this with until the weekend. The only thing it states it happens when upgrading to IE6 or 7 I am on IE8

rawprawn 18:03 03 Dec 2009

Try making a new profile
click here

Sea Urchin 18:43 03 Dec 2009

It shouldn't matter that it's IE8.

You could try Ramesh's solution in this forum

click here

Or if no luck maybe this registry repair would help.

click here

Ventad 19:31 03 Dec 2009

Thanks Sea Urchin Ramesh's solution worked for the "operation cancelled" just the UAC box now. but I can live with that, if there is no other solution. TA! for help everyone

Sea Urchin 20:49 03 Dec 2009

You could try the Norton UAC tool - it allows the program to "remember" that you have already granted permission to Outlook

click here

Ventad 16:03 04 Dec 2009

Thanks for the tip on Norton UAC tool but as it is only one that has changed at the mo I will stick with it. Not too sure I want my computer reporting back to Norton every time the UAC is used. I realise that other programmes get a report back,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?