Office Home\Student

Cesar 09:17 07 Aug 2008

I intend to purchase the above but before doing so I would like to ask a couple of questions.
1.I am not a Student so will there be any awkward questions asked when Installing it.
2. My Computer (Vista Home premium)is three months old and In Windows Explorer there is already a Folder Named Office 10 with several sub Folders will I have to delete these first. Many thanks in advance.

Gongoozler 09:46 07 Aug 2008

As I understand it, Office Home/Student is just that - i.e. MS Office for home OR student use, i.e. not for business use. Some computers (I know it is in Acer laptops) come with MS Office pre-installed as a 90 day trial, and if you want to keep it after the trial period you pay online. This could be an even better deal than Office Home/Student so you should check this out first.

palinka 11:10 07 Aug 2008

Several years ago you HAD to be a student (or equivalent) - eg. 10yrs ago we got our MS office copy because our son was at Uni; friends doing evening classes in IT could also get it because they counted as "students" . In those days you bought an empty box with a paper inside that had to be signed & stamped by your college, school, etc. You sent that off and your disks arrived in the post.
Now , as far as I can tell, it is as Gongoozleer says, so no-one is going to ask you for your "student" credentials because it's for Home use as well as student.
Microsoft saw the light! - or realised it was losing customers to Open Office and the like.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?