Office Home and Student 2007

Lippy_Doodle 16:04 26 Aug 2008

Hi

Im going to update to Office Home and Student 2007. Im currently using Office 2000 with no updates. Can you tell me if the pictures etc that Ive saved onto disks in folders(as Im going to reformat first) will beable to be read and folders opened when I change to Office 2007. The pictures I have are very important to me and I would be heart broken if I could view open the folders they are in and view them.

Thanks

Lippy

DieSse 16:19 26 Aug 2008

There's no need to reformat to install an updated Office package.

If you can open the folders on the disks now, and your pictures are there - then they'll still be there whatever you do to your computer - whether you install a new office package or reformat.

Pictures are not related to Office - it's your documents, spreadsheets, etc that you need to backup.

Why buy an office package at all? Open Office is well up to the mark, and totally free. It can read all your office documents, spreadsheets etc - even the new .docx format that Office 2007 uses.

You'll be very surprised at how different the Office 2007 interface is - more than a small learning curve.

Lippy_Doodle 16:28 26 Aug 2008

Hi

Ive seen how Office 2007 is and to be honest I find it easier to do. Im used to tabs etc.

I know I dont need to reformat to add new software but my pc is in need of it being reformated. Thats why Ive saved things to disks and needto know if my picture that have been saved plus word documents etc will be able to be read by Office 2007

Lippy

DieSse 16:55 26 Aug 2008

Yes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires