Office 2007 install from download -no CD drive

Lytchick 13:12 22 Feb 2010

I need to install Office 2007 which I have bought onto my netbook which had no CD drive. I currently have a trial version running. The package instructions say I just need to open word then enter the activation code but I cannot get into a screen where the code is requested.

Do I need to wait for the trial to expire or perhaps even uninstall it before I can put the full version on?

northumbria61 13:51 22 Feb 2010

Are you are talking about installing the FULL version? Have you purchased the CD or downloaded it?

Pineman100 13:55 22 Feb 2010

I found the following in the Help section of my Word 2007:-

Click the Microsoft Office Button , and then click Word Options.

Click Resources, and then click Activate.

Follow the instructions in the Activation Wizard.

If you still have difficulties, apparently the Activation Wizard has details of a phone number you can call.

northumbria61 13:59 22 Feb 2010

Having read your message again I see it is a download. You can go ahead and install the FULL version - you don't have to wait for the trial version to expire. If you do encounter any problems during the install then uninstall the TRIAL version via add/remve programs. During the install you will be able to enter your ACTIVATION Code.

Peter 15:45 22 Feb 2010

I installed my MS Office 2007 Student edition onto my netbook (no CD drive) by copying the CD contents (about 320 Meg) onto a USB Thumb Drive and running it from the Flash drive plugged into the netbook.

Peter.

Lytchick 20:49 22 Feb 2010

Many thanks for all the replies. This is the 1st time I have used this forum and was very pleased with the advice, especially that of Pineman100.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017