office 2007

hgrock 14:52 27 Oct 2008

hello , i have office 2007 on 2 PCs, one is office i purchased in the usa, on my laptop paid for in UK the usa version only have American spelling and not an English uk dictionary, my laptop has an English uk dictionary, can i copy that dictionary over if so what is the file and where is it, the American version has dictionary for French germen and other countries but strangely none for the uk

rawprawn 16:14 27 Oct 2008

Go to Help and Type "Change Default Language"

This is part of it but I doubt that the links contained in it will work.

Every version of the 2007 Office release includes proofing tools, such as dictionaries and grammar rules, for more than one language. To see which languages of the proofing tools are included with your version of the 2007 Office release, see The 2007 Microsoft Office suites localized versions. If your version of the 2007 Office release does not include the proofing tools for the languages you want to use, see Determine if you need a Language Pack.
Office 2007 sets itself to the default language of the computer. Is one of your machines set to American english

Hope this helps.

hgrock 19:24 27 Oct 2008

my machine is set to english uk, although i use this machine in spsin and the product was installed in spain maybe that is why it does not use uk english,
when i look at the langusge pack it says english i dont want to buy this and it turnes out to be us english only, help here please

PalaeoBill 21:46 27 Oct 2008

Your US and Spanish versions should have the language packs for English UK and the corresponding dictionaries.

Click on Start->Programs->Microsoft Office->Microsoft Office Tools

From the menu, select 'Microsoft Office 2007 Language Setting'

Click the 'Editing Languages' tab and you should see two panels. The right hand one will list all of the enabled editing languages.

If only 'English (US)' is showing, you will need to select 'English (UK)' from the available langues panel on the left and then click 'Add'.

Having done this, you should be able to set the 'primary editing language' option box to say 'English (UK)'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie