Office 2003/McAfee problem.

ianeon 15:48 19 Jan 2008

Good morning - I run Vista Home Premium-Office 2003-McAfee Security Suite. - The problem is: When I have McAfee fully enabled and I try to access Outlook my computer crashes. This also happens when I try to access Windows Mail. - I have tried the following solution: Outlook>Tools>Options>Other>Advanced Options>Clear the "exchange scan" check box: I did this because someone said that McAfee thinks Outlook is on a server - However I can't get this to work because the "Exchange Scan" check box just re-enables itself when I run McAfee again - Frustrating for me,lol - So now I run McAfee with the E-Mail checker disabled. No hardship but I would love some help with this problem - Thank you - Ian

anskyber 15:54 19 Jan 2008

I'm sorry I cannot help with the immediate problem.

I run Vista HP and Office 2003 but my anti virus is the free Avast which work perfectly together if you decide to jump ship.

Sea Urchin 16:07 19 Jan 2008

There seems to be a known conflict between Windows Mail and both Norton and McAfee AVs. It is suggested using either AVG or Avast instead, and also even with those to disable the email scanning

Short way down the page with heading FIRST:

click here

ianeon 16:36 19 Jan 2008

Sea Urchin - Thank you for that suggestion - It seems a very interesting forum

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone