Office 2003 problems removing completly

cliff100 12:49 03 Dec 2008

Hi I had my PC returned from Mesh after 50 days being repaired. Most things were replaced, when I loaded the software back on my office had a problem with my serial key. I finally got a reply from Misrosoft but saying do a complete uninstall and re install. The problem when I un install it keeps all my old info which has the problem in. How do i remove everything so i can enter the new serial number they have given me.
When I click activate product nothing happens as it's already been activated but that has a problem.
I am stuck any advice, I am at work at present so any help I will try tonight. My IT dept are no help either.
Cliff

rawprawn 12:51 03 Dec 2008

Install it then uninstall using click here In advanced mode

ambra4 12:52 03 Dec 2008

Forget Microsoft Add/Remove program as it leave files in the registry and on the hard

drive which will causes problem uninstalling and reinstalling programs use this program

Revo Uninstaller

click here

If the windows request message to reboot appear DO NOT click the NO button Revo will

now search the registry and hard drive for any files that is not required, just click the

Select All button and the Delete button if any left over files are found once the “Finish”

button appear you can than reboot the computer

lotvic 19:12 03 Dec 2008

From microsoft, Download and install the Office Removal Wizard click here for details of how to use.

cliff100 10:14 04 Dec 2008

thanks everyone all your suggestions really helped.

Cliff

cliff100 13:34 04 Dec 2008

hi everyone I was positive this would work tried both suggestions and it's still the same. I can uninstall office 2003 and have tried both but when I re load office and enter my serial code it just comes back as my previous settings. I may have to go back to Microsoft and find out what they say, only trouble is they take so long to get back.
Cliff

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?