Best phone camera 2017
Have Win XP Pro SP2 & Office 2003 Pro SP1 running on Abit KG7, Athlon 1400mhz Thunderbird, 1.5GB DDR. In the last couple of weeks it has started crashing if I reply to an email or create a new one. Occasionally crashes surfin' for no apparent reason. Cannot even use Task Manager - have to push reset button. Have done the following:
1. MS Outlook detect & repair - failed to cure
2. Deleted normal.dot as it mostly happens when using MS Word as email editor - Did not fix
3. changed mail formats - tried them all but no fix
4. reinstalled Office 2003 pro & SP1
5. No Virus or spyware present
6. Checked event viewer and only errors I can see are listed 3 at a time: (A) "The General Purpose USB Driver service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified."
(B)"AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to read from an illegal IO port address (0xcfc), which lies in the 0xcf8 - 0xcff protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance." and (C)"AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to write to an illegal IO port address (0xcf8), which lies in the 0xcf8 - 0xcff protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance."
Any advice would be appreciated.
Everything else is it's usual self. The only other problem I am having is it will randomly freeze in the exact same way while surfing on eBay for example. I have set the mail format in Outlook 2003 to HTML for everything, cutting out Word completely and I seem to be able to reply and create new emails without the crashes. May be a Word integration issue or corrupt registry entry. I installed a 3rd 512mb DDR module in a couple of weeks ago, when it was running perfectly so I may remove it and see if it makes any difference. Very strange affair.
I haven't uninstalled Outlook Express either.
Thanks for the reply
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.