Office 2000 setup

Fredbb 13:24 20 May 2003

Having had problems with my Office 2000 program I un-installed it and now I am trying to reload it but cannot. My windows system is Millenium edition. Office seems to load, then at the end after my computer restarts I get the Message "error 1911 Could not register OWSDSC.DLL type library" When I type ignore, (nothing happens when I press re-try) various other file names come up with a simmilar message. When I try to open Office I get the message "Not a valid win 32 prog". I have tried Ms help on line elp with no results. Can any one out there help.

Djohn 13:43 20 May 2003

click here this will give you all the files for Office 2000, you can download any that are corrupt on your system.

There is probably an easier way, but until someone else, comes along with the answer, you can have a try here.

The file: OWSDSC.DLL, is down near the bottom of the page. good luck. J.

expertec 13:50 20 May 2003

Is that the whole of Office 2000 on an FTP server?

Fredbb 18:47 20 May 2003

Thanks Djohn tried it but it did not work.
expertec; I am trying to load all office. I don't know what you mean by FTP server

VoG™ 18:52 20 May 2003

This may help click here Cause 2

I think that expertec was asking Djohn a question, not you.

expertec 19:14 20 May 2003

Should i report this to Microsoft,it look like piracy to me.

Fredbb: Definition for FTP site: An Internet site where users can upload or download files.

click here

Djohn 20:07 20 May 2003

Sorry it was of no help, have you tried VoG™'s suggestion?

expertec, not quite sure what you mean, I put the error message, "OWSDSC.DLL" into google and it came up with that answer. Regards. J.

Fredbb 17:32 21 May 2003

I've sorted it out, it was easy realy. I gave my wife the computer and I'm getting my self a laptop
Thanks to every one.

keith-236785 17:45 21 May 2003

i know you say cured but for others, you could have used system restore to go back to before you installed office, then you could have deleted the office folder and started from scratch. hope this helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?