Office 2000 problems post Win Me reinstall

baz57 15:37 20 Jul 2003

After reinstalling Windows Me and Office 2000 every time I try to access word/excel etc I get the following message "This application must be installed to run. Please run setup from the location where you originally installed the apllication." This comes up even though the application does initially open, but when I try to close the error message the apllication closes as well. Have reinstalled Office twice now from the CD.

VoG II 20:50 20 Jul 2003

This sounds similar to what happened to me. Try jazzypops suggestion click here

woodchip 20:54 20 Jul 2003

You should remove from ADD/REMOVE in control panel then go to Windows Explorer and remove MsOffice folder and clear all temp files before you try to reload

baz57 10:26 21 Jul 2003

Tried both the above, no joy. I think the problem is that in MSCONFIG Office is set to load in the startup section. When I uncheck it and reboot it still tries to load (I assume) and I get the error message (even with Office uninstalled). When I recheck MSCONFIG the Office box has "re ticked" itself during reboot. How can I permanently remove this line from the startup option without opening office to set preferences!! I seem to be chasing a big catch 22 around and I'm pulling my hair out! Any suggestions appreciated, thanks.

woodchip 13:55 21 Jul 2003

look in Explorer for a MsOffice .ini file delete it that loads the install setup it may not have been deleted when you removed the folder

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone