Office 2000 Mail Merge to Email

Sir Radfordin 12:09 30 Jul 2003

In Word 2000 you can set the destination of a mail merge to send an email. That bit is fine and works. What I can't work out how to do is to add some body text to the email.

Senario is:

1 database with names/address and email. 1 Word document with names/address merge fields. Want to merge the word docuemnt and then send as an attacment to the corresponding email address. However I also want to add some text to the body of the email to explain what the attachment is.

Any ideas?

Thanks...

Sir Radfordin 15:32 30 Jul 2003

Bump?!

Jester2K II 16:19 30 Jul 2003

Well i a had a look at this. The only way i could see (in OFFICE 2002) was to use the Wizard and it gives you an option at the end to send the e-mail as an attachment.

I assume you want to use Doc1.doc to make the e-mail content and doc2.doc to be an attachment??

Sir Radfordin 15:50 04 Aug 2003

J2K you have assumed right, well almost. I want to be able to write a standard email and then attach to it the customised mail merged document.

There is no reason why you couldn't do as you say, but the first document needs to be the body of the email and then the 2nd as an attachment.

Office 2002 seems to handle this a lot better.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone