oe6 won't send mail but will accept incoming

clarky8325 14:11 02 Apr 2004

using bt openworld broadband.

any ideas please?

tia

andy

clarky8325 14:12 02 Apr 2004

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.btinternet.com', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

GaT7 14:31 02 Apr 2004

Your firewall/e-mail scanning program may be causing this. For t'shooting purposes turn off your e-mail scanning sw & try again.

For more info:

click here

click here

Confab 14:36 02 Apr 2004

Always check the network status before changing anything on your PC

click here

There is a problem at the moment.

Confab 14:38 02 Apr 2004

Sorry for broadband it should be

click here

Same answer though.

clarky8325 15:54 02 Apr 2004

i keep getting directed to bt yahoo pages instead of the above. anyway bookmarked now.

thanx

dewskit 16:16 02 Apr 2004

As was discussed in this Forum some time ago, there is apparently no opt out of the BT Yahoo setup. Today it seems finally to have happened - suppose they just dare not do it yesterday!

I find the service deplorably slow now. I still cannot work out how to view the contents of the bulk mail folder (which contains the emails they have decided are SPAM) and I am already fed up with seeijng pictures of two gormless pillocks all over the place, and I am seriuously considering changing my ISP -even though I am a BT Shareholder. New Improved? They can keep it

Tony (aka Disgusted, Tunbridge Wells!)

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 16:18 02 Apr 2004

I had the emails offering me this upgrade option and im glad i didnt do it there has been a lot of people with problems who have,or is it teething troubles? lol.

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?