OE6 Unable to reload emails or address book

NICTRY 20:21 12 Aug 2003

I backed up my outlook Express emails and address book for each user on my Windows XP, I am now trying to reload them back to my newly formatted PC and nothing works, I cannot load them using import within OE6 it just tells me this is is not a valid option. I have all the .dbx files for the mail and the .wab files for the address book. Does anyone have any ideas how I can get all my old emails etc. back?

DieSse 20:26 12 Aug 2003

When you do the import of the dbx files, you need them all in a single folder, and you set the import to point to that folder - not within it to the files themselves.

If you've copied then from a CD. you also need to unset the "read-only" attributes for the files.

As far as the .wab file for the addess bbook - you can simply copy it into the same place as the new wab file, and rename it to the same name as the newly created wab file (having first renamed the new one). Once again take off the "read-only" attribute if it is set.

NICTRY 20:44 12 Aug 2003

Hi DieSse,

I have tried to uncheck the read only and although it will allow this for the overall folder it will not allow me to do so for the individual .dbx files, any ideas?

NICTRY 20:46 12 Aug 2003

Hi DieSse, nope ignore me, I copied the files to the HDD first then unchecked read only and it worked a treat, many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?