OE6 Spell Checker problem

jjss 16:24 08 Sep 2008

Good afternoon one and all
I’ve come across some funnies in my time but this one has me beat.
I use OE6 as my email client. When I use the spell checker within OE6 it does the spell check using the “French dictionary”. When I go to tools>options>spelling within OE6, the only option I’m given is the French dictionary in the drop down menu.
I’ve double checked my control panel settings, I’ve checked all the various options within Office 2007 (recently installed) in case of any interrelationship, and I’ve uninstalled OE6, used registry cleaners (Ccleaner & RegscrubVistaXP), rebooted and then reinstalled OE6.
All this and I still only get the option of a French dictionary within OE6.
I use Xp sp3, Office 2007 (Word/Excel/Publisher/PowerPoint) all updated, on a Toshiba laptop.
Your input would be most welcome. Thanks in anticipation.
Jack

Clapton is God 16:32 08 Sep 2008
  jjss 16:46 08 Sep 2008

Thanks Clapton is God, not the answer I was expecting but at least I have an answer as to why.

Good old MS(English being most used PC language). I start trawlling for an add-on speller checker for OE6.

Thanks again for your quick response.I tick as resolved.

Jack

Ray5776 16:49 08 Sep 2008

If you mean Eric then you are correct.

Clapton is God 16:55 08 Sep 2008

"If you mean Eric then you are correct"

Who else???

jjss 17:24 08 Sep 2008

Changed the wording in PCA search and found this solution to this problem, and it works! I used Off 2K disk.

click here

Jack

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?