OE saved folder to external HD

Noels 20:05 01 Jun 2009

I have about 130 docs in my OE Save folder I would like to transfer to my external HD. Can it be done en-bloc not one at a time?
If not so be it!
Regards
Noels

johnnyrocker 20:08 01 Jun 2009

can you not treat as" highlight all and transfer?

johnny

Noels 20:14 01 Jun 2009

I thought I could but the only options appear to be to transfer to another OE folder not an external HD
Regards
Noels

johnnyrocker 20:15 01 Jun 2009

what os are you using?

johnny

Noels 20:42 01 Jun 2009

IE 7
johnnyrocker I have tried everyway round to save to my La Cie external HD. I think I could copy and paste each individual doc but with 130+ docs its too late for that. Its not a life or death problem but I would like to save the lot if possible.
Regards
Noels

DieSse 21:32 01 Jun 2009

The problem occurs because "folders in OE are not folders at all - they're files (database files, to be exact).

All the individual emails in a "folder" (eg Inbox) are contained within this one single database file - and there is an associated index file which identifies which actual emails (database records) are active (ie displayed).

Your best plan is to use an OE backup program, which can also be used to look at, or recover the database(s).

XP Files and Settings Transfer click here

Others click here

Google for more.

Noels 08:05 02 Jun 2009

Many thanks for that info.
Regards
Noels

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?