oe nothing in in box after send receive

johnnyrocker 13:34 24 Apr 2005

got a friend who had not set his e mail up properly and was complaining could not send, set him up with correct pop smtp etc and six pending in his out box went, there should have been some new but nothing appeared, i sent him 2 and he did not receive and they did not come back either, i went to the webmail site of his isp and sent him another, it arrived in his in box on the site he clicked send receive and it left the website but did not appear in his in box, any ideas?

johnny.

Jak_1 13:42 24 Apr 2005

Check that he has the correct username and that the pop and smtp info is correct.

pj123 13:45 24 Apr 2005

No help to you but I have something similar.

I have an NTL email address and my own website email address. A friend now sends his emails to both because I often don't get his emails in my NTL inbox but they always arrive in my website email inbox. Then lo and behold about 4 days later they arrive in my NTL inbox. Is your friend on NTL?

johnnyrocker 14:04 24 Apr 2005

the info is correct because he can take the mail off the server using send/receive as i said but the mail does not get to his in box.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 14:06 24 Apr 2005

no ntl not involved.

johnny.

Jak_1 14:13 24 Apr 2005

Try > Tools > options > general, tick the box 'Send and receive messages at startup'.

EdFrench 14:16 24 Apr 2005

Don't take this the wrong way but.........
In my experience 90% - at least - of these problems come from a mistake or typo in the configuration of the email client.
Double check everything, then check again. Look for extremely brief reports at the lower left of the screen too.
Not much help I know, but much more data would be needed to see where this is going wrong.

johnnyrocker 14:36 24 Apr 2005

i take your point ed but as posted he is able to lift it off his isp server so config must be right but i shall check his incoming, but he gets no errors just nothing in his in box.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?