OE & Hotmail

acfc 07:14 26 Apr 2006

I've been using Outlook Express for years to pick up my Hotmail, however over the past couple of days I have had a login box appear every time I click on a mail folder. The user name and password are completed so I can just click on OK however it's very annoying.

No settings have been changed and I have no spyware or virus on my system

Any ideas please??

acfc 21:05 26 Apr 2006

BMP

acfc 21:21 03 May 2006

Well I'll try again for some help with this.

I have deleted the hotmail account and set it up again in OE but the problem remains.

Anyone??

Diodorus Siculus 21:33 03 May 2006

Have you tried to remove temp internet files? I find that often helps with hotmail problems.

Rtus 22:01 03 May 2006

the user/password log in in OE may be due to the properties being incorrectly set.> tools >accounts >choose your Hotmail Properties check these are using your current ISP connection (always connect with)

acfc 06:37 04 May 2006

I've cleared both IE and Firefox temporary files and the account is set up to use any connection but stil asked to acknowledge user name and password.

I would appreciate any more suggestions

Thanks

dogbreath1 08:17 04 May 2006

If the good folk on here can't solve your problem, click here for excellent advice. A guy called Steve runs the site and he has helped me (esp. with Incredimail problems) on several occasions. I've said this before on here, but if this guy can't solve your problem I'd be very surprised.

I could receive but not send Hotmail (.co.uk) through IM...it took a while but this guy sussed it...top man!

dogbreath1 08:19 04 May 2006

If you do visit there, please post back and let us know how you went on.

acfc 19:14 08 May 2006

Well it's fixed.

I had installed IE7 but not associated this with the problem I was having with Outlook Express.

I installed an optional windows update for IE7 and low and behold my OE problem vanished.

Don't ask me why as I have no idea but hopefully this may help someone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?