OE Error Number: 0x800C0155 can't download email..

Mavro 13:13 13 Apr 2005

Have following error when trying to download email....any ideas how I can repair???

'An Outlook Express store file may be damaged. Please use a utility such as ScanDisk to verify and repair any damaged files. Account: '.........com', Server: '...........com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800C0155'

Thanks

PsiFox 13:18 13 Apr 2005

Are you using hotmail synced to OE?

If so try logging on tto the mail through IE and checking any email you deleted in OE has also gone. If not delete it.

If this doesn't work close OE and delete the hotmail-inbox.dbx folder and restart OE

Mavro 13:26 13 Apr 2005

Thanks PsiFox, but I'm afraid I'm not synced to hotmail. I had trouble with the OE 'deleted' file in the past and was helped by this forum to delete the 'dbl' file and restart OE which cured it....could try deleting 'inbox.dbl' but don't want to lose all the archive I've collected in inbox sub folders......

Mavro 13:49 13 Apr 2005

I mean 'dbx' file (not 'dbl').

Mavro 15:42 13 Apr 2005

bump

Mavro 15:58 13 Apr 2005

Just in case anyone has been wondering about the problem I fixed it by following the advice I was given by 'Wildrover' a while ago regarding a problematic OE deleted box, except this time I deleted the inbox.dbx file after clearing my saved mail to another file I created. It worked!!

Here's what Wildrover advised me then:

Why can't I delete messages inside OE? That can happen if the Deleted Items folder is damaged. Move all messages you might want to keep out of the Deleted Items folder and into another mail folder you create. Close OE, then delete the file "Deleted Items.dbx" in your Identity's store folder. OE will create a new one when you re-open OE."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?