OE display - different fonts?

kiz 18:30 10 Jul 2006

I would like to change the font of OE because I find it hard to read with my old monitor. Is there a way? I am talking about where the messages are displayed in the Inbox and folders/contacts etc - rather than the message itself which I think can be changed from tools

Simsy 18:36 10 Jul 2006

if it can be done just for Outlook Express...

but if you right click on the desktop, select properties, click the "appearances" tab,...

down near the bottom is the option to change the font size. This will work for everything. Perhaps it is a suitable solution?

Regards,

Simsy

kiz 18:40 10 Jul 2006

thanks Simsy but I had already done that - I was hoping to change to something like Arial black

Simsy 18:57 10 Jul 2006

unlikely as it seems... is via Internet Explorer.

If you open Internet Explorer and then go to the "view" menu, one of the options is text size...

I'm sure that this affect Outlook Express, though it may be the emails, rather than the display, which is not what you want.

I've just tried it and it didn't do anything, but I know it can do. It might need a restart, which is something I didn't do.

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

Wak 20:26 10 Jul 2006

I think Simsy means that Internet Explorer can alter the size of the font in OE but only when the e-mail message is printed out.

Simsy 21:12 10 Jul 2006

sorry... I knew it could do something. Sorry it's not what you're after!

Regards,

Simsy

Stuartli 21:17 10 Jul 2006

Tools>Options>Compose tab.

Click on the Font Settings and choose the particular font required.

Stuartli 21:17 10 Jul 2006

That's in OE by the way.

Stuartli 21:20 10 Jul 2006

By the way, I've just checked Outlook Express's Help pages (Microsoft provides a comprehensive Help file for all of its programs and applications).

Key in fonts into the index and it will detail how to change all the font requirements.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone