OE blocks emails to and from a particular address

DexyMic 09:59 05 Oct 2004

Please help, OE is blocking me from sending and receiving emails to a particular person. They are not on the blocked senders list. It works fine for emails to/from any other address. I am using XP.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Mic

Gongoozler 10:16 05 Oct 2004

Hi DexyMic. If the address isn't on your blocked senders list, I think it's more likely that for some reason your ISP is blocking the emails than OE.

DexyMic 10:24 05 Oct 2004

Thanks Gongoozler, how do I check/fix that and why would it only block this one address? It's a standard email address for a friend at work, nothing out of the ordinary.

OwenLotts 10:36 05 Oct 2004

How do you know they are being blocked? Do you get a message or something or does nothing arrive at the other end? Maybe your address (Hotmail perhaps) is blocked by the recipients company?

Gongoozler 10:37 05 Oct 2004

Hi DexyMic. I presume that the email address is in the form firstname.secondname @ companyaddress (I've put a space either side of the @ to stop it being identified as an email adress here). Can you send emails to someone else at the same company?

DexyMic 10:52 05 Oct 2004

The emails are being sent in the form firstname.secondname @ companyaddress to a hotmail address and viceversa. All the other company addresses work - just not this particular person's.

We know they are being blocked as we have phoned each other to see why no responces, we are now in contact using a friend's email at the same company.

I am very puzzled by this.

DexyMic 11:12 05 Oct 2004

OK this is really weird now, after a week of it not working it has now decided to start working properly.

I have absolutely no idea why.

Thanks for the help and the quick responces!!

Mic

Gongoozler 11:32 05 Oct 2004

I think it is most likely that the email address had somehow got onto Hotmail's blacklist, and has now been removed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?