OE 6 problem

watchful 14:19 13 Jun 2003

OE6 - instead of putting my e-mails in Outbox when typed offline - ready to send next time I log on - it now puts them in Drafts folder.

How can I change it back to its original setting?

Megatyte 14:27 13 Jun 2003

Are you clicking 'Send' or 'Save'?

AH

watchful 14:34 13 Jun 2003

Neither. I don't usually click anything. It comes up saying they'll be sent later and placed in Outbox when I exit. At least it used to until recently.

Megatyte 14:39 13 Jun 2003

When you've typed your mail click the 'Send' button, top left.

AH

watchful 14:46 13 Jun 2003

I'll try that but it doesn't seem to be what I'm looking for.

Up till recently I opened OE, worked offline, typed a message and then when I click red cross to close a message would come up saying this will be put in Outbox for sending when you next connect. Then when I connected it would be sent automatically. It's this option I'm trying to get back.

The option now is: Do you want to save changes etc. and then it gets placed in the Drafts folder.

I can just click file and then send later but I want the original option back.

Megatyte 14:57 13 Jun 2003

As far as I'm aware there is no option to change this. I've always had the 'Save Changes' prompt when just closing the message, and then it goes to Drafts. It's just as easy to click 'Send' as it is to close.

AH

GroupFC 15:04 13 Jun 2003

I'm with Megatyte on this one.

Whenever I have written an e-mail offline, it has always worked as he says. If you click send instead of close, it goes straight to the outbox until the next time you connect.

watchful 16:11 13 Jun 2003

I just tried as you suggested and clicking on SEND does bring up the option I want so, as you say, it's just as easy to click on that.

Perhaps the recent OE update altered the settings.

Thank you both very much for your time.

Regards,
S.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?