oddity with OE and reading mails in HTML

p;3 21:51 27 Mar 2007

mails can be sent via OE in HTLM but , even if sent by HTML I see them in plain text, BUT on sending I send IN HTML; this is not a major prolmes but how might it be changed to read in HTML if I can ?

I have test mailed myself IN HTML and received them in plain text; another member has done the same to me by sending IN HTML but I see them in plain text but can SEND in HTML; any idea why I cannot read them in HTML?

phono 22:00 27 Mar 2007

Click Tools > Options and select the security tab, is there a tick in the box beside Block images and other external content in HTML e-mail?

If there is a tick remove it and see what the result is.

p;3 22:04 27 Mar 2007

erm...I do not even see
this bit

'is there a tick in the box beside Block images and other external content in HTML e-mail?'

p;3 22:07 27 Mar 2007

and 'read all messages in plain text' is not ticked either::)) it is not that 'important' but is a puzzle for sorting if I can

phono 00:17 28 Mar 2007

erm...I do not even see
this bit

Which bit are you referring to?

MAJ 00:22 28 Mar 2007

That 'bit' is at OE > Tools > Options > Security tab, p;3.

p;3 01:21 28 Mar 2007

'Click Tools > Options and select the security tab, is there a tick in the box beside Block images and other external content in HTML e-mail?

If there is a tick remove it and see what the result is.'

is what I do not see

Watchful 08:28 28 Mar 2007

It is in the middle of the window when you click the Security tab.

Watchful 08:32 28 Mar 2007

It is under 'Download images.' (Security tab)

Read all messages in plain text is under the 'Send' tab.

Shas 09:18 28 Mar 2007

Are there different versions of OE? I don't have that 'bit' either! My Security tab has sections headed Virus Protection and Secure Mail but there is no mention of 'download images' nor any option to block images etc.

Watchful 12:40 28 Mar 2007

Perhaps there is. I use IE7 and OE6.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?