odd tags appearing

ronec 11:17 07 Jun 2007

I am new to web site building. I do not know anything about html code, but have copied some and pasted it into my web page as suggested. When I downloaded the page in the edit function of my host, two extra tags(?) had appeared on each line. These are br> usually at the ends and <r at the begining and sometimes in between. I think the <r seems to be replacing the
Any body any ideas. By the way the pages are just very simple empty pages at the moment written using FrontPage. I did this to create the initial hyperlinks between pages.

ronec 09:23 08 Jun 2007

I am new to web site building. I do not know anything about html code, but have copied some and pasted it into my web page as suggested. When I downloaded the page in the edit function of my host, two extra tags(?) had appeared on each line. These are <br> usually at the ends and <<r> at the begining and sometimes in between. I think the <<r> seems to be replacing the < sign.
Any body any ideas. By the way the pages are just very simple empty pages at the moment written using FrontPage. I did this to create the initial hyperlinks between pages.

ronec 09:25 08 Jun 2007

Further to my last post. Thr sentances have not printed right again. The br is ok, but the other should read <r between the chevrons.

ronec 09:28 08 Jun 2007

Sorry, for this. I will try on last time. br is okas is, the other should read & l t r (without the spaces). Thses letters are enclosed within < >.
fingers crossed it appears this time.

Eric10 10:37 08 Jun 2007

I suspect that you pasted the code into your page while in Design view whereas you should have done it in Code view.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires