Odd Mouse Movements

rogertjj 14:53 07 Jun 2004

This has been annoying me or a while now, so I I thought I'd ask the experts, and see if anyone has any idea of whats causing it.

Randomly, the cursor will jump to the edge of the screen when ever I am doing something with the mouse. For example, I am about to click on a link on a web page, and the cursor flies to the top left of the screen. I have run Ad-aware, Spybot and AVG. All found nothing. It doesn't only happen when using one application, and I haven;t installed anything new recently. Anyone have any idea what might be causing the problem ?

All help greatly appreciated

rogertjj 14:57 07 Jun 2004

Forgot to mention : Running XP Home, AMD XP3000, 512MB RAM, 120GB HDD with Optial Mouse (corded)

Taff36 14:58 07 Jun 2004

What kind of mouse is it? Wireless / Optical / touchpad (on a laptop)? or traditional ?

rogertjj 14:59 07 Jun 2004

optial = Optical

Totally-braindead 15:06 07 Jun 2004

My optical mouse did this and I've been wracking my brains as to why it did it and how I cured it. If I remember correctly it was the driver software for my A4 tech mouse that caused the problem, I changed it to a PS2 compatible mouse using the microsoft driver and since then its been perfect.

Taff36 15:14 07 Jun 2004

Yes I think totally-braindead isn`t - I mean he`s right. This cured it for me too. Simply downloaded the latest Logitech driver in my case and it worked fine with XP.

mole44 18:44 07 Jun 2004

if its a mouse with a rf reciever try moving the reciever away from either the monitor or computer base unit

Simsy 19:10 07 Jun 2004

It may be that the batteries need replacing.

Regards,

Simsy

Graham ® 19:37 07 Jun 2004

You may have Crazy Mouse! click here

rogertjj 07:38 08 Jun 2004

Thanks for all the replies, installing the latest Logitech drivers seemed to do the trick.

Graham ® :) Like the idea of the 'Crazy Mouse'!!!

rogertjj 10:57 08 Jun 2004

Now, when I say 'seemed to do the trick' I actually lied. I am still having the same problems, and it is really annoying.

Does anyone have any idea what this may be...and it's not the 'Crazy Mouse' :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?