Odd microsoft Update.

birdface 22:30 13 Jan 2009

Hi I had 2 Updates from Microsoft earlier so decided to check again and there was another one for[IDEA Technology Inc. Ideacom HID Touch Screen[ps2]] I can only assume it is for touchscreen computers or TVs.I cant see why they would want me to download it on my 6 year old computer.Anyone any idea if maybe I should have downloaded it.

MAT ALAN 22:32 13 Jan 2009

Probably not, anything that's not relevant gets ditched which means i probably install about 2% of the updates that are sent...

birdface 22:37 13 Jan 2009

I was thinking the same myself.I was just wondering why Microsoft was pushing it.

Stuartli 23:12 13 Jan 2009
  birdface 00:08 14 Jan 2009

This was the actual update but it was optional. IdeaCom Technology Inc. - Input - IdeaCom HID Touch Screen (PS/2)
Date last published: 1/13/2009
Download size: 31 KB
IdeaCom Technology Inc. Input software update released in December, 2008
System Requirements
Recommended CPU: Not specified.
Recommended memory: Not specified.
Recommended hard disk space: Not specified.
Get help and support
click here
More information

click here

It might be something needed on my computer but not sure.Anyone else get it.Just wondering if it was anything to do with driver updates.

MAT ALAN 00:12 14 Jan 2009

click here

might be tempted to bin it...

birdface 00:35 14 Jan 2009

Yes looks like it.I use XP Home and don't have a touchpad.Looks like another clanger from Microsoft.I have now set it not to show the update again. Thanks for the info.I will leave the thread open until to-morrow in case anyone else has the same problem.

Batch 09:06 14 Jan 2009

DO NOT INSTALL THIS UPDATE.

Saw the MS Update and thought "what? I don't have a friggin' touch screen". So did a search for "IdeaCom HID Touch Screen". Seems it has been screwing up a lot of peoples' systems (PS2 mice in particular).

Pine Man 09:21 14 Jan 2009
  birdface 09:25 14 Jan 2009

Hi Batch.We were just thinking the same.Why Microsoft added it to their crucial updates I don't know.I wonder if it actually helps anyone.Going with MAT ALAN'S click here it has been giving users a lot of problems.I would imagine those with automatic updates set might have some problems when they switch there computers on today.

birdface 09:30 14 Jan 2009

Yes looks like the Forum could be busy today.With some of the information that has been given on here at least we know how to fix it.I wonder what happens if someone has not got there system restore working it may be a bit awkward trying to get it fixed then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?