Odd message on start up.

churchwarden 15:00 30 Jan 2007

When I boot up my PC I get the following message appear. This has only happened very recently and I haven't downloaded or installed any new software.
' Smart Bridge Alerts: Motive SB.exe -= Entry point not found.'

'The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFilesNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL '

Any suggestions as to how to get rid of it please!
Answers in words of no more than two syllables - I'm NOT a computer wizard!

recap 15:19 30 Jan 2007

click here= it may help?

anskyber 15:25 30 Jan 2007

A number of people have experienced problems with access to their Hotmail accounts after IE7. If you have such problems then in the first place download this. click here It is nearly always successful. If you still have problems go into Tools, internet options and set all the settings to their default position. If that fails you can go into Add/Remove programmes from the Control Panel and uninstall IE7, it will automatically roll back to IE6. To find IE7 in add/remove you will need to ensure that “show updates” is ticked at the top of the page.

BT and some NTL or Blueyonder broadband users have experienced error message like "SmartBridge Alerts:-Alert BT Help Notifier.exe (or MotiveSB.exe for NTL or IST for Blueyonder) Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL"

This relates to the BT ( NTL, Blueyonder) desktop helper. The simplest way to deal with it is to uninstall it if you do not use it or take it out of your start up list. The program name will be something like Motive Communications or Motive SB.

Alternatively, 1. Navigate to the installation location for SmartBridge via My Computer (\Program Files\Alert BT Help Notifier.exe (or Motive SBexe. for NTL or IST\SmartBridge for Blueyonder)
2. Find PSAPI.DLL and rename it to something like PSAPIOLD.DLL
3. Reboot the system

The program will find the new PSAPI.DLL in the \Windows\System32 directory and function normally.

To disable a start up program click here
Or, if you have Spybot Search and Destroy use their start up control tool.

anskyber 15:25 30 Jan 2007

Ignore first paragraph, the rest applies, sorry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?