ODBC driver for Superbase

keith-236785 09:37 25 Aug 2005

Hi

where my wife works they use Superbase for the clien database, this worked ok with windows98 & office97, then some bright spark pursuaded them they needed to spend god knows how much upgrading.

brand new computers, windowsxp, officexp, old version of superbase. problem is now they cant get the damn system to work, it appears they need a ODBC driver for the new setup, Superbase are no help and theor IT man just scratched his head and left mumbling something about spending more cash upgrading again???????

i would sack him but it aint my place.

Does anyone have ANY idea what an odbc driver does, whether it is comlicated to write one yourself (i dont know) or where we could get one from. Superbase site just says you should have received a floppy driver disk when you bought the product, they did but it was a long time before winxp & officexp was thought of.

no support for older products does not help, My wife is not a computer expert (in fact she hates them) so she is wary of trying things without a definite answer.

thanks in advance
Paperman

keith-236785 22:23 25 Aug 2005

^^ BUMP FOR THE NIGHT CREW

VoG II 22:26 25 Aug 2005

Compatability/compatibility mode? click here

keith-236785 22:43 25 Aug 2005

Thanks VoG, will give it a try. will have to be after the bank holiday weekend now im afraid but i will definitely advise my wife to try it.

thanks again
Paperman

keith-236785 09:54 26 Aug 2005

One more ^Bump^ for the day crew then i will close the thread, dont think its something many people associate with.

any ideas anyone, i have trawled the net but cant even find on Superbase's site how to buy a new version of superbase, let alone the ODBC drivers.

thanks
Paperman

keith-236785 09:56 26 Aug 2005

One more ^Bump^ for the day crew then i will close the thread, dont think its something many people associate with.

any ideas anyone, i have trawled the net but cant even find on Superbase's site how to buy a new version of superbase, let alone the ODBC drivers.

thanks
Paperman

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?