Occasional BSOD in XP Home.

Giggle n' Bits 00:27 03 Aug 2006

Everynow and again my system will give BSOD when in windows usually found when doing nothing go away for say 30 mins come back and there it is BSOD. i thought I would not see it again with a XP Home machine.

Ok tongiht its generated erro tells me Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal (loads on google but loads of answers to fixies but see below.
F69D7E84 Base (nothing on Google)
I also get at bottom of BSOD USB PORT.SYS.ADDRESS
F69D000
Date stamp 41107d62

AMD Athlon 64 x2 4800, 1GB crucial PC3200 DDR, Gigabyte GAK7N Pro SLi but not running a SLI Config, DVD & a CD Wtr, Nero, Cyberlink. 480Wt hyper PSU, GF 128MB 7900GT PCiExpress, Broadband with Voyager Adsl USB Modem connected & a Epson CX6600 multi-finction.

Help please !

sean-278262 00:31 03 Aug 2006

For some reason looking on google I get the impression it may be your GFX card. Try updating the driver for it and seeing if that solves the problem. As far as Im aware there is an update of late anyway so saves needing to get that in the mean time will keep looking and Im sure someone else will have an answer shortly.

Giggle n' Bits 10:55 03 Aug 2006

I will download the new Nvidia driver for my card and try it. Suppose it is a possibily as my screen saver kicks in after about 10mins and its after this time period it happens I think.

I have had it once happen when being online. I know my BT Voyager goes into some sort of hibernation after x minutes, wonder if I can untick the box for this in device manager.

I also with having the Nforce 4 board have Sata 2 using a firmware flashed twice updated Seagate Barracuda HDD. Selecting the ADMA Controler Primary on IDE/ATA in Device manager there is a speed test tool.

With this spped test is it accurate ?

Giggle n' Bits 01:08 04 Aug 2006

Just updated to the new Nvidia v91 driver so will have to see how it goes.

One anoying thing with this new nvidia driver is the icon in sys tray keeps coming back. I go into the Nvidia properties panel and untick the system tray icon and on reboot come back and find it changed back and a anoying pop-up asking me to get a SLi configuration by adding another SLi card which I don't want.

Anyone know how to stop this Sytsem tray icon from returning and also stop the prompt for Sli cops its bugging me being their. i am trying to keep my icons in system tray to a minimal.

GaT7 01:34 04 Aug 2006

"Anyone know how to stop this Sytsem tray icon from returning and also stop the prompt for Sli cops its bugging me being their. i am trying to keep my icons in system tray to a minimal."

See click here, & from:

"Disable Nvidia Services

When the Forceware drivers install on your system, they install a new Service called....."

onwards....

The above article begins at click here. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?