Obtaining Supplies of CD/DVD Jewel Cases

spuds 12:22 12 Jan 2009

I am trying to obtain supplies of new single or double disk (100pc)clear/black CD/DVD cases.

Checking a variety of on-line suppliers including eBay seems to result in excessive postage charges.

Would mention that our usual local supplier as now ceased trading due to rent and rate increases. He normally sold the cases for about 9 pence each on average.

Can you recommend a good company who offers a good product at a fair price.

ambra4 12:35 12 Jan 2009
  Sparkly 12:36 12 Jan 2009

Take a look i think postage will always be an issue depending on the amount you want, HTHs
click here

click here

spuds 12:51 12 Jan 2009

Thanks for that, the catalogue seems to carry a good range.But only problem is the postage again. Purchasing say 500 pieces as a trail order would cost over £15.00 for postage, with increases for larger orders.

spuds 13:03 12 Jan 2009

I think that you could be right regarding postage. Just done a quote for 500 pieces and the postage on the top site was £14.99. This seems to be the average from most on-line sites, except perhaps Ebuyer, who have a good range of CD/DVD cases.

SVP/ Big Pockets/ Disk Depot (who are possibly one of the same?) seem to have similar rates and products range.

spuds 13:05 12 Jan 2009

Correction: Ebuyer, who 'do not' have a good range of CD/DVD cases.

daxian 13:18 12 Jan 2009

hi spuds....
have you tried other pc shops in the area or maybe a local computer fair ??? most fairs i have visited have more than one stall selling jewel cases ...Dave

Stuartli 13:48 12 Jan 2009

I suspect it's not the weight of the cases, but the overall size that incurs the delivery cost.

Perhaps using an outlet that delivers via courier might prove cheaper?

spuds 14:12 12 Jan 2009

daxian, we had a computer fair in our area once a month but now its every two months or so, and the last one was just before Christmas, so might consider that, next time around. The local £1 shops who have supplies are selling the larger DVD cases in bundles of 10, so not to bad there. The CD cases seem a bit more rare. A fairly local 'we stock or can get about everything' shop is going to see what they can do for me.

Stuartli, that's the problem I think, Royal Mail and their postage size policy.

I think that I will put this to bed now. Thanks everyone for the inputs.

JITC1 15:31 12 Jan 2009

how about this spuds

click here

They aren't clear or black but the price isn't bad

Stuartli 15:36 12 Jan 2009

If these are the same type of CD/DVD jewel cases I bought at Tesco recently (pack of 10 for just under £1.50), they are very poor indeed and also easily break.

Unusual for Tesco, which normally sources reasonable quality items.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?