Oberon games won't launch

tinkerpuss 17:47 21 Aug 2008

I bought a new computer at the weekend with Windows Vista Premium installed (I had to install SP1 myself).
I had 26 Oberon Media games installed on my old computer but really only wanted to re-install a few of them. The games were bought from Incredimail Games and I thought all I had to do was download the games from their site, put in my registration keys and carry on playing.
It was not so straight forward. When I tried to play the first game I downloaded, 'The Treasures of Montezuma', I got a message saying 'Game launcher stopped working' and a report went off to Microsoft. I tried several other games but with the same result - I cannot play any game from this site. I tried changing the compatibility to Windows XP SP2 with no success.
Out of curiosity, I downloaded the trial versions of some of the games from other websites and they played perfectly. Oberon cannot give me a reason for this problem and finally offered me a free game - to download from Incredimail - even though I had explained that none of them would work!
I downloaded the games without any problem on my dad's computer, also with Vista installed and they worked. I am perplexed!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?