o2 Broadband

raysophie 17:24 25 Feb 2008

Have loaded o2 broadband on a friends laptop and need advice on the following questions:
1 Does o2 have a homepage desktop lionk or do you search with interne explorer.
2. He has Vista on it and has Windows Mail, I logged onto this and there was an email from Microsoft to his address but I was unable to log on with his email name and password, do you have to set up another password,I have also emailed him from my PC but comes back as not recognised.
Hope this makes sense.

woodchip 15:30 26 Feb 2008
  Ashrich 22:15 26 Feb 2008

When you say " loaded o2 broadband on a friends laptop " what do you mean by loaded ? I thought all they did was enable your phone line to use their service and give you a wireless router , did they give you a disk to run or something ? What was your friend using for email ( Hotmail , Googlemail etc. ) before the change to 02 .

Ashley

raysophie 08:12 27 Feb 2008

He has not had a computer before and I have only used BT. They (o2) provided a disc which installed o2 onto his computer. I have since worked out that he has to use internet explorer to surf the web, they also sent him an email address which he has to use on o2 but we can't get it to work?
Thanks for your inut.

Ray

beeuuem 13:30 27 Feb 2008

From click here

Altogether, it should only take about half an hour to get up and running. If you have any problems then give us a call. Call us on 0800 230 0202 free from a landline, or drop the first '0' to call free from an O2 mobile.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?