A O L (24-04-04-028)

slimmer 18:04 19 Mar 2006

can anyone help with this message from A O L (24-04-04-028) unable to find approporiate DSL modem what does that mean and how do i fix it using windows 98 this is foe my neighbour

VoG II 18:07 19 Mar 2006

Some ideas click here

CurlyWhirly 19:38 19 Mar 2006

I sometimes get this error message and I try a few things:

One is to redetect the modem if that doesn't work then close down AOL also making sure that it is no longer running in memory by opening up Windows Task Manager and looking for the waol.exe or AOLacsd.exe processes and if you find them then end the process.

Then go to programs > AOL > System Information and then Utilities > rebuild AOL adapter and this usually works for me.

p.s. I know you are running Windows 98 so these options might not be available to you, I don't know as I have never used Windows 98.

xerty 02:29 20 Mar 2006

How do you redetect the modem ?

xerty 02:36 20 Mar 2006

A response I had on another site ::

Does he use Norton software at all?

[link]click here[link]

HTH

Cesar 08:58 20 Mar 2006

If he is using AOL 9.0 tell him to run "Broadband Checkup".

Diemmess 09:09 20 Mar 2006

You can check things one at a time.

The Voyager program in the Programs list, choose config. This will check out the Voyager without involving Aol.

Then open Aol and instead of sign on, click - Sign on Options.
Now choose Expert Setup at the top of the small window.
Delete "location" and confirm.

Now Add location (give it a name) and follow the prompts.
This will search for the BB connection and automatically sign you on when it has found the modem (which it does very quickly).

xerty 22:15 23 Mar 2006

Just thought I'd let you know that the Norton update fault I gave a link to cured my mates AOL problem :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?