NVRAM - Update Failed

Gunner Rob 18:41 12 Apr 2003

I have recently noticed that when my PC boots up following post, the line above the amount of memory the system has on board is as follows; 'Checking NVRAM.' (short pause while the check is carried out) then follws on same line with '- Update failed' Can anybody tell what this means and what is the course of action?

Rayuk 19:26 12 Apr 2003

amibios states
"Bios could not write to the NVRAM block.This message appears when the flash part is write protected or if there is no flash part[System uses a PROM or EPROM]"
This may not help at all.
What motherboard do you have,for some there is a setting regarding NVRAM in the bios

Gunner Rob 22:44 13 Apr 2003

My motherboard is a PC CHIPS M810LMR Ver 3.0A, although I believe that PC CHIPS may have re-numbered it recently.

Rayuk 19:20 14 Apr 2003

If this is not causing any other problems, until someone comes along with a definate cure I would leave well alone.
This did happen to me once on an Asus board but there was a setting in the bios to rectify it,looking at the manual for this board cannot see same setting.

Gunner Rob 22:02 14 Apr 2003

Thanks for looking, so far everything else seems to be working fine so I will leave it for now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?