Nvidia update

Housten 12:09 03 Feb 2010

I have a Mesh computer that is about three years old, running Vista Professional with SP2.

Windows update informs me that there is an update for my GeForce 7600 GT that is some 99.4MB. Back on the 23 November last year I installed an update that was fairly substantial as I remeber it. Does anyone know why or what this update is for, and whether or not it's worth downloading?

Many thanks in advance for any advice and/or information on this.

Tony W. 13:07 03 Feb 2010

I also have been notified of a similar Nvidia update by Windows and again its 99.4mb my Computer is also a Mesh but has Windows XP installed my card is a 8800gt.

It is showing as being a hardware optional update.

So would also be very interested in knowing if its necessary to download and install it.Thanks.

MAJ 13:25 03 Feb 2010

Personally I would install the latest drivers from Nvidia rather than the optional download from MS Update. click here

Tony W. the latest drivers for your card are click here

Create a restore point first, just incase.

hssutton 13:34 03 Feb 2010

I would suggest you do as MAJ says. I allowed the update and finished up with loads of problems, so went to the Nvidia site.

Tony W. 15:26 03 Feb 2010

Maj.

Thanks for the advice and the link from which I have downloaded and installed the updated drivers for my card.Very grateful for your help.Tony.W.

Housten 17:43 12 Feb 2010

Good Afternoon,

May I apologise and thank everyone for their help and advice on this. The delay is my own fault, but I have taken the advice given and will download from the NVIDIA website, and I will mark this as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017