Nvidia nforce 5:1 sound

steve3214 19:58 03 Mar 2003

Hi, I've got an Nvidia NForce 1 onboard soundcard with PowerDVD software and Creative Inspire 6:1 speaker setup, and I can't work out how to set my system up for true 5:1 sound. The best I can manage is to set it to create a centre channel and LFE out of stereo information. Surely there must be some way of getting it to recognise 5:1 sources? Any advice would be appreciated, believe me nothing will be considered too basic or patronising as I'm a complete novice with this stuff.

Thanks
Steve

Giggle n' Bits 20:02 03 Mar 2003

add on option for your motherobard. Maybe a jumper change. If you know which motherboard you have can you please post the Make and model no.

I would recommend a seperate sound card if your a serious music lover as there are some cheap but good quality card around.

steve3214 20:09 03 Mar 2003

The motherboard is an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe. What does adding an option/jumper change mean?

clayton 20:36 03 Mar 2003

you need to go into the Nividia nForce control panel,click on the speaker setup tab & you will find all the setting you need in there,try the speaker setup wizard too.

two00lbwaster 20:39 03 Mar 2003

ah try going to control panel and sounds and multimedia to check your desktop settings and change them to 5.1 surround sound

also sometimes you can get a version of powerdvd thats locked to 2 channels stereo sources dont know if this applies to the xp version

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?