Nvidia network controller

BigB32 19:58 17 Oct 2007

Hi all I was wondering if someone can help me with a query I would like an answer too ,I have a ASUS P5N32-E SLI which has Nvidia networking controller built in so to speak , now I am experiencing a lot of frustration with the network controller sometimes when I turn my pc on its connects perfectly and other times when I turn on nothing ,now according to the Nvidia forums a fair few of us are having the exact same problems general opinion is it is probably driver related to the controller , so my question is what steps do I need to take to disable /stop / take off the controller and put a PCI network card and connect through that.
Thanks for any replies

Brian

woodchip 20:02 17 Oct 2007

Go into Device Manager and right click the offender and choose disable

woodchip 20:03 17 Oct 2007

it may come under Network

you could also try installing newer/older drivers (if any) to see if that solves it regards akanic

BigB32 20:14 17 Oct 2007

Thanks for that
woodchip
this board has 2 lan connections disable both I presume
@[email protected]!c
there is no newer drivers apparently that is what everyone is waiting for in the hope that it sorts out this problem once and for all , I get the impression this problem goes back a fair way

Cheers

Brian

woodchip 20:18 17 Oct 2007

The Lan's! one will be Ethernet other Wireless

woodchip 20:18 17 Oct 2007

PS have you tried the Wired Ethernet port

BigB32 20:24 17 Oct 2007

Yes I am in the wired port lan 1 now I have not got wireless just the old fashioned wires trailing everwhere
Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?