Nvidia Network Access Manager

Thurrafork 12:26 19 Mar 2008

Hello all
Just been trying to get rid of clutter, and though I elected to install this network/firewall thing when updating my nforce drivers, I now decide I don't want it. But on trying to uninstall from 'Add/Remove Progs' I get a 'The installed version of this software is different than the current setup you're running. Please uninstall the previous version before installing this version. Do you want to uninstall this version now? (Please reboot after uninstalling)'. If I click to uninstall the old version the process repeats. How can I get rid of it? I'm reluctant to use DriverSweeper/Cleaner because last time I used these I couldn't reboot - possibly because it removed my nvidia raid drivers also.
Any ideas anyone?

Thurrafork 14:39 19 Mar 2008

Also, I think the shenanigans of this software could be the reason why my Limewire and torrent programs dont work.
A google search shows this nvidia software to be fairly notorious, but I couldn't find any solutions.
Has anyone got any idea how to remove it?

radi8or 14:50 19 Mar 2008

Have you tried to remove it in safe mode ?

Thurrafork 15:02 19 Mar 2008

Thanks for the reply radi8or.
I just tried that, and it still doesn't uninstall: The uninstallshield wizard pops up for a fraction of a second then disappears, and the program remains.
Any other ideas? Has anyone else here had a similar problem?

Thurrafork 17:33 19 Mar 2008

Anyone else got any ideas on this?!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?