Nvidia Graphics Card Trouble

Chegs ®™ 06:36 16 Sep 2009

I have an Advent e380 desktop PC with a Geforce Graphics card installed.Everytime I install the driver for this card,the PC refuses to boot.I have tried a driver from Nvidias own site,Guru3d & also from MS Updates.The PC is running XP Home.The only way to get it to boot up is in Safe Mode,and this last MS driver has no uninstall in add/remove so will try the Guru3d site for a driver uninstaller I vaguely recall seeing when looking for the driver.The graphics card(GeForce 7100GS)is PCIe & I have no other spare cards to test if its the card is faulty.

User-312386 07:48 16 Sep 2009

You may have onboard graphics enabled. Go into the bios and see if it is enabled

Chegs ®™ 16:07 16 Sep 2009

I have checked & then rechecked the BIOS for onboard graphics,it definitely isnt enabled.It is starting to get infuriating as I have now tried many nvidia drivers,& after each has failed to allow reboot used driver cleaner to remove any traces of them before loading the next.I have gone as far back in driver history as 77.77 which used to work on my old machines without fault,soon as this card is recognised by windows as a 7100GS the machine fails to boot until I remove the driver. :(

Chegs ®™ 00:55 17 Sep 2009

I give up,have removed the PCIe card and will just run the PC with onboard graphics.

I am Spartacus 01:34 17 Sep 2009

Although the Omega drivers haven't been updated for ages they may be worth a try click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?