nVidia Graffics card with exhaust - what exists?

Christopher Lewis 15:10 02 Jul 2008

Hi
I want a graphics card in the nVidia 8 series, that exhausts its hot air out of a slot at the back. So far, I can only find 8800 GTS cards that do this, but something cheaper would be very welcome. Any ideas?

I'm going to use it for [email protected], and my experience is that the air in the case can get very hot, hence the need for the exhaust.

Christopher

Gordon999 15:16 02 Jul 2008

Hi Chris,

Due to what you need it for you could try purchasing a case that has extra fans to help circulate the air inside. I recently built a unit with a quad core cpu and a couple of graphics cards and a case with an additional fan and it works fine for me.

they only get about 10% of heat through the exhaust most of it comes through the grille before it gets to the rear exhaust (and it's cooling a little by then) either put en exhaust fan in the slot below the card. or replace stock cooler with something better (as imho they suck on the more powerful cards) click here

if you're not using a powerful card, as gordon999 says put a 120 fan at the back of case.

MarvintheAndroid 20:21 02 Jul 2008

I think you will need to step down to a Geforce 7800 or lower to get a cooler with OTES. In that case you can use an Arctic Cooling NV Silencer 5 (MUST be Rev 3). These are discontinued, but there are still a few around if you look.

Marv

Christopher Lewis 17:09 03 Jul 2008

Thanks adman2
"they only get about 10% of heat through the exhaust most of it comes through the grille before it gets to the rear exhaust (and it's cooling a little by then)"
Disappointing, but at least I havn't wasted money finding out.
I was trying to avoid change of case and fans as they are really fiddly, but I'll have another look to see what I can fit.
Thanks
Christopher

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?