Nvidia geforce experience optimise problems

martd7 21:44 23 Oct 2013

Yesterday on my pc a screen popped up about the Nvidia Geforce experience game optimisation

Havent seen this before,on looking through it one of the things the program does is list all your pc games and if you want to optimise them click the box at the side of the game you wish to optimise so i did,reading that any problems can be reverted back to previous Out of 7 games it made 2 unplayable

Aliens colonial marines,crashed at the sega title screen

Payday 2 on launch just hangs with a spinning circle on the title screen

The revert options didnt work

Just wondering has anyone else had the Nvidia experience!

nickf 08:51 24 Oct 2013

I have had problems with crysis 2 & 3 , try launching games without starting nvidia experience . If problems persist, try reloading the drivers ( new driver released in mondsy ) .

martd7 09:38 24 Oct 2013

I have the drivers from monday Nickf,thanks

Only way ive found round it is to reinstall both games

rdave13 13:43 24 Oct 2013

I have the Nvidia Experience and has been a handy tool for getting older drivers. Been having some problems with black screening for a few seconds while changing video to HD and when changing back. Also on Win 8 random rebooting with no errors. Have been blaming the newer drivers as the rebooting stopped for a while using older drivers. On upgrading to Win 8.1 and trying the latest driver everything looks stable. I have the installed version but go online for more options. Under My Rig and 'View full System requirements' link.

You might be better off unticking the options under Preferences and the Game tab, on the left, if it messes up some games for you.

Mr Mistoffelees 16:38 24 Oct 2013

When I last upgraded my graphics drivers, I uninstalled fully for a clean install, then left out all the bits I don't need, including Geforce Experience. By not just going with the default install, I significantly reduced my PC's boot time.

martd7 17:41 24 Oct 2013

rdave13

only messed the games up when i pressed optimise,wont be doing that again,thanks

Mr mistoffelees

,its not added any boot time to my pc it just crashed a couple of games when clicking optimise,at least its not only me with problems,i sent feedback to nvidia but no response as yet

rdave13 18:46 24 Oct 2013

mart7 , I also sent feedback about the temporary black screen issue changing video resolution, with recent drivers, and glad I'm not holding my breath. Otherwise I wouldn't be posting this unless it would work via an Ouija board.....

Mr Mistoffelees 19:45 24 Oct 2013

"its not added any boot time to my pc it just crashed a couple of games when clicking optimise,at least its not only me with problems,i sent feedback to nvidia but no response as yet"

I should clarify that I used to just take the default full install. this time I cut out all the fat. I believe it was the 3D vision stuff that was slowing down the boot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Comment créer un compte PayPal pour payer en ligne ?