Nvidia firewall problem

pegangray 11:17 08 Oct 2006

I have an AMD Athlon XP 64 3000+ with an NVidia 939 motherboard 1Gb memory running Windows Pro and I have found that the NVidia firewall that was a part of the motherboard setup and was not used! has started to pop up a warning screen when a program tries to connect to the internet, This popup cannot be cleared from the screen even if the options it gives, "allow" "cancel", are clicked. The message then appears saying program not responding which then needs a reboot to clear it. I am running Zone Alarm security suite. Any ideas on how to remove this annoying popup?

AndySD 11:59 08 Oct 2006

click here may help, turn off the nvidia firewall its not ideal to run more than one at a time.

Totally-braindead 12:09 08 Oct 2006

I have an ASUS motherboard and on the motherboard disk it has as a utility the Nvidia firewall. Now this is an option in my case, in that you choose to load it if you wish. Now I have to stress I've never actually tried it as I've used Zone Alarm for years.
But my point its this, have you checked that the Nvidia firewall is not listed in add/remove programs. If so you should be able to delete it from there.
Again I have to stress that I've never used mine and have to agree that if you are using 2 firewalls you will have problems as they will conflict. You do have to remove or at least disable one of them, even if you cannot find the Nvidia one listed so you can remove it you should find an option in it somewhere to disable it. As long as both firewalls are not working at the same time you won't have a problem, if you can find the option to disable it you could then just ignore it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?