NVidia Drivers

Major Disaster 12:21 11 Jul 2005

Hey
I have a Nvidia Geforce MX420 video card (if you can call it that). I have recently has troubles with some of the drivers for it and after one driver download from the windows update site caused the screen to muck up (52.16). I was wondering as yet there is another driver out (77.72) how do you go about installing it properlly. Should i remove all previous drivers? Or is there some freeware out there that can sort this out for me? Thanks for any help

Diemmess 13:24 11 Jul 2005

Have you tried this link? click here
The site tries to match OS to card and allow downloading of your choice.

Diemmess 13:34 11 Jul 2005

The second part of your question........At least disable the existing drivers (be ready for an ugly default screen!)

If Nvidia or GeForce are in Windows add / remove, (no sign of them in mine,) it can't do anything bad to uninstall these before loading the new drivers.

You may be able to do more via the Desktop >rightclick >Properties> Settings >Advanced at least to check there's no mistakes there.

Diemmess 13:41 11 Jul 2005

and put this thread out out of its pain. I didn't realise you had an identical one running.

Major Disaster 20:43 11 Jul 2005

Sorry didnt post. I will continue this thread in the other post (clicked begin topic for discussion twice accidentally)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?