Nvidia Driver Problems....

TheShoopShoopSong 14:52 01 Mar 2003

I have tried downloading the latest nvidia drivers form their site, but everytime i do, install gets half way and says that the file i have obtained is corrupted and i have to dl it again. this can get very annoying if you only have a 56k modem. where can i get a good copy of the latest drivers???/

platty100 16:12 01 Mar 2003

go here
click here
when downloading drivers do not use a download manager(as this can cause them to get corrupted )use internet explorer instead to download them

MartinT-B 09:38 03 Mar 2003

What's your O/S and Graphics Card?

I'm 98SE with geforce 2 MX/MMX 400 and the latest drivers DO NOT WORK on my PC despite what nVidia say!

I have reverted to the former.

TheShoopShoopSong 10:00 03 Mar 2003

i have dl the latest drivers for my new graphics card Asus V9180VS 64mb G4MX440 x8 on a win xp pro system. even though i have the newest drivers, every now and then, windows will not boot up properly. and when it finally does, there is an error with my grapphics card. at this point i must reinstall the drivers. this really annoys me as it has happened a few times already. is it because i am running dual monitors? i have tried everything in my limited knowledge, please can you help......
my spec is 512 DDR, Asus A7n8X mb, Asus V9180 mb, 2x 40 gig hdd (Maxtor, Seagate), Pioneeer slot load dvd, and sony cdrw 16x10x40, AMD TB 1.3.
I dont think over heating could have caused the graphics fault as there are 2 additional case fans, one at the font and one at the back of my case. the graphics card also has its own fan.

ps, just before i got online, i reinstalled the drivers for the graphics card using the latest nvidia drivers.

Blade-jac 10:22 03 Mar 2003

I had a problem with the latest driver not working but the old one wood, the card was a geforce 4 440se. When i replaced the memory as part of an upgrade the card suddenly worked with the new driver. There is so much interaction between the memory cpu and vga card if you can i'd try it in someone elses machine and see if the issue goes away. Luckily for me i upgraded memory and found my old dimm to be faulty although running tests against it didnt show any anomolies. Hope this helps
JAC

MAJ 10:22 03 Mar 2003

Sorry guys, I can't help with graphics cards as I'm a committed non-gamer, but if it helps you any, the (relatively)new Geforce FAQ site is at click here

Stuartli 13:23 03 Mar 2003

This may help re problems with drivers:

click here;action=display;num=1033257293

TheShoopShoopSong 15:22 03 Mar 2003

as good as the links are, i havent been able to find any solutions to my problems. argh!!!! need more suggestions please........ =)

Scarthy © ® ™ 15:26 03 Mar 2003

Are you using any download managers/ accelerating software??? If so DON'T !

(;o)))

TheShoopShoopSong 15:32 03 Mar 2003

ok here is the thing, i am not using any download managers, and i have successfully dl the latest drivers from nvidia, but every so often eg this morning, windows woint boot and when i finally get in, it says that my graphics card has generated errors so i have to reinstall the drivers. i have used various drivers, the latest ones form nvidia, the ones from the V9180VS CD and the Detonater 29.42 drivers. nothign seems to help. i know that i dont have any viruses which could possibley effect my Graphics card as i have done numerous scans and nothing is found. what else coudl be the problems?

platty100 17:20 03 Mar 2003

try this might be redundant files left on your system causing the problem
Removes all the redundant nVidia driver files from your pc. Run it after you have unistalled a nVidia detonator drivers
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone