nvidia control panel

morgueman 20:12 20 Jul 2009

Hello all, i have windows xp and a Geforce 8800GT graphics card. I downloaded the latest driver for it but it said on the install that the control panel did not install.
I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it but the same problem is still occuring. Is it neccesary to have the control panel and if so, what can i do about it?
Thanks

MAT ALAN 20:18 20 Jul 2009

Did the download come from nvidia's website i have just updated mine 6600GT and got the "nvidia control panel" ehich i have never had before it now apears in control panel/performance and maintainance..

morgueman 20:21 20 Jul 2009

yes it was from their website, i use to have a control panel but when i installed the update, the icon was still there but it wouldnt open!

MAT ALAN 20:23 20 Jul 2009

Have you tried rolling back the update

morgueman 20:38 20 Jul 2009

Yes tried that, twicw, both times says it cant restore to the point!

MAT ALAN 20:45 20 Jul 2009

No not system restore roll back driver from device manager...

if your system restore does not work the link may help...
click here

morgueman 22:06 20 Jul 2009

Thanks mat alan, got the restore to work under safe mode, but when i click the control panel it comes up has an error message and saying it has to close!

MAT ALAN 22:17 20 Jul 2009

could be underlying spy/malware issues

click here
click here
click here

the progs in the links will help "a lot"

could also be software conflict between old and new drivers a complete uninstall of VGA drivers before installing latest may help...

gigagiggles 06:45 21 Jul 2009

hello.

with amd/ati, their "control panel" requires certain versions of .net framework and vcredist to work. these windows auxiliary systems may need to be updated for the nvidia control panel to work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache