Nvidia card unistall

matt1234 21:32 21 Jun 2004

hi

im having driver problems with me geforce4 440 go 64m drivers so ive had enough can i just uninstall the card and windows will pick it back up and install its drivers or is it not that easy

matt

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:44 21 Jun 2004

There are a new set of drivers for all Nvidia cards on the microsoft update site. 12.5 meg I'm afraid.

matt1234 21:46 21 Jun 2004

plz give me the link ive got BB

gudgulf 22:00 21 Jun 2004

click here

or click here

for NVidia drivers.The ones on the microsoft update site are quite old.

matt1234 16:34 22 Jun 2004

hi

all i really wanted to know that is it possible to unistall the card from windows and it will pick it up putting the basic drivers in or will it be a bit harder than that

PSF 16:38 22 Jun 2004

Yes you can, remove the card from the device manager and re-boot. You will then need the newer drivers after for the card to function well.

PSF 16:40 22 Jun 2004

to remove all the drivers use detonator destroyer click here
When you re-boot you will need your Windows cd or graphics card drivers handy.

Daz35 16:46 22 Jun 2004

I had to do the same thing recently, and as PSF says if you un-install the card in device manager and re-boot, when you boot back up it should automatically find the hardware (in XP) and re-install it for you.

You might have to make a few changes to your screen resolution and icon size etc.

After I did this I checked to make sure there weren't any updates for the drivers (there weren't for mine) and everything was fine

matt1234 20:52 22 Jun 2004

well the reason is that the new drivers i have got for it have totally made my machine unstable so i have started start again in reinstalling drivers on it

PSF 21:02 22 Jun 2004

Use the detonator destroyer to remove all traces of the drivers.

Did you un-install the old drivers, if you did not that is what could have caused the problems.

To be sure un-install the drivers in the control panel>> do not re-boot>> un-install the card from the device manager>> do not re-boot>> run detonator destroyer then re-boot>> Windows will find the new hardware, stop the install, manually install the drivers then re-boot. Re-set the display size and resolution and hopefully you should then be ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires