nvdia Ge force 4 mx440 not working

birdface 15:19 08 Dec 2006

hi. On sons computer, In device manager,It says Device cannot start.Has the best driver, Any ideas.Has an exclamation mark beside it.

Technotiger 15:22 08 Dec 2006

Hi, has he checked that Everything is fitting properly, and no loose connections anywhere?

birdface 15:52 08 Dec 2006

everything seems ok.Dont know about inside.crashed at beginninof week. just trying to get it running properly.

Technotiger 16:00 08 Dec 2006

Hmmm, has he tried all the options within Device Manager, i.e. re-install drivers, possibly check in the Advanced tab to check/troubleshoot.

Maybe it was a loose something, somewhere, that made it crash in the first place?

Of course, it could even be something else other than the Graphics card, at fault.

birdface 16:08 08 Dec 2006

Graphic card + C Media audio Device Are the only things with an exclamation mark on them,Updated audio driver But comes up with code 10 .As Does Graphics card

Technotiger 16:20 08 Dec 2006

I have tried a bit of delving, all I can come up with at the moment is, that Error 10 usually means driver problem - uninstall/reinstall driver(s), or a Conflict between two items of software/hardware.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but first thing to try is the Drivers. Maybe the graphics & audio are conflicting?

Technotiger 16:25 08 Dec 2006

Another thought - if you download and run all the tests in DirectX, it will tell you in much more detail.

click here

Technotiger 16:26 08 Dec 2006

PS - DrectX will tell you if there are any Conflicts.

birdface 16:31 08 Dec 2006

if i uninstall drivers, will microsoft reinstall them when i restart,

Technotiger 16:33 08 Dec 2006

Hmmm, best not to chance it, can you backup the new driver which you already have, just in case.

In any case, try my DirectX suggestion first - it does not take long to do a full check.

birdface 16:50 08 Dec 2006

downloaded it to documents and settings, and cant find it now.Got To go ,will try and fix it someother time, thanks for your help,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?