'nvatax64.sys is corrupted' - Sata install woes.

Penri 18:17 30 Oct 2006

I am building a SFF pc with the Shuttle SN21G5 barebones system which has NVIDIA GeForce 6100+ nForce 410 onboard graphics. I am trying to install a 250GB Samsung SATA2 7200 8MB h/d but have been unsuccessful with my first two attempts.

I have enabled SATA/RAID in the bios and when I enter the RAID set up the H/D is there but when I the enter the SCSI 3rd party installation bit of the Windows XP install (F6 > S > insert floppy) and try and load the Nvidia drivers from the floppy supplied by Shuttle I get the message
'nvatax64.sys is corrupted'. I have tried extracting the files from the driver CD and downloading different drivers from the Nvidia website but to no avail.

Can anyone help me?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:16 30 Oct 2006

I have enabled SATA/RAID in the bios

Try and install XP without loading the drivers at the F6 prompt

If the motherboard (bios) can see the drive then XP will probably install OK.

Ashrich 01:05 31 Oct 2006

XP will install Ok , but with slow drivers for the disk ,as the NVidia nForce 410 controller will not be installed properly , so it will run a lot slower , which makes getting a SATAII hard drive pointless . Try loading the drivers onto another , clean , floppy , try downloading the 430/410 drivers from the Shuttle site instead ( providing they have them there ) . Looking at the error message could that mean that they are 64 bit brivers you are trying to load ? Are there 32bit drivers available if you are not using Windows 64bit Edition ?

Ashley

Ashrich 01:07 31 Oct 2006

If you are only putting in one hard drive you don't need to enable Raid in the bios , only SATA controller .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?