NV Dialer

Newbolt 16:07 04 Nov 2004

Can anyone advise, please. Running XP Home Edition,with Ad Aware SE and Spybot [1.3 I think] installed. On scanning with spybot I get the message 'NV Dialer 4 entries'. It doesn't go when I choose 'click on selected problems, nor does it go after two restarts. It doesn't come up under ad aware at all.

bretsky 16:29 04 Nov 2004

Loads of other free programs to run click here

bretsky ;0)

Newbolt 17:10 04 Nov 2004

Thanks Bretsky, I will try these. Unfortunately work intervenes for now

bretsky 17:33 04 Nov 2004

Ok, no probs.

bretsky ;0)

rawprawn 17:36 04 Nov 2004

click here Download and run this program, turn system restore off before you run it, if it doesn't work try it in safe mode.(don't forget to turn System restore back on afterwards)It takes quite a while but it is thorough. If this program doesn't find your problem I would be inclined to tick 'NV Dialer in Spybot ignore in advaced settings /ignore products, if it appears. Spybot may be finding a false positive. If anyone disagrees with this solution please post.

Newbolt 22:55 04 Nov 2004

rawprawn - thanks - another option for after work in the morning. I will post the outcome when done.

Newbolt 17:58 05 Nov 2004

Bretsky, for some reason I get a fatal error and can't connect to your suggested freebies. tried the link in rawprawns suggestion, and ran program with sysrestore turned off. The dialers are still there, unfortunately, although oddly enough there were five earlier today, but spybot did get rid of one.
Will look at any further suggestions, and will try Bretskys link again after work. Any further suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for those received so far.

bretsky 23:47 05 Nov 2004

Just clinked on my link and tried the links for download and no problem. Try cleaning out temp file folder before you try the page.
Good luck

bretsky ;0)

rawprawn 16:31 06 Nov 2004

The other thing to try is Spy Sweeper from click here. It is not free but you can get a 30 day free trial. It got rid of a nasty for me when all else failed.

Newbolt 15:07 07 Nov 2004

Thanks for your latest suggestion. I have downloaded and run Spy Sweeper, and it found a few other unwanted guests on my system. However, the 4 NV Dialers are still there when I run Spybot. Because Spybot found 5 NV Dialers on another check [and got rid of one of them]I am a bit reluctant to ignore that category of bug.

rawprawn 15:45 07 Nov 2004

Can you trace them using start/run/regedit/search if you can find them in the registry you could delete. Backup your registry first in case of any mishaps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?