Nuke attack on XP SP2 disabling Live Mail & Messen

Bearington 12:33 26 Feb 2008

I have Outpost firewall Pro 4 running on my computer which recently notified me of a nuke attack. Had only installed all the latest security updates the day before and have generally tried to keep everything up to date. I was signed into windows live messenger at the time of attack and and promptly got disconnected. Since then I have been unable to sign into live messenger and both the internet and desktop versions of live mail. My computer simply refuses to find mail.live.com. I have tried running full system scans on NOD32 2.7 antivirus, Windows Defender, Lavasoft Ad-Aware 2007 Pro and the spyware tool of Outpost. None of these have turned up anything suspicious. I tried the same account on my laptop through the same internet connection and it works, so it's obviously something to do with my desktop. There seem to be no problems with anything else, the internet works fine. Just Windows live services are affected which is still quite annoying. Anyone know of a solution?

brundle 13:25 26 Feb 2008

Does this help? click here

Bearington 15:26 26 Feb 2008

Thanks for the link brundle. Found another computer on the network I'm on not running outpost with the same problems. Tried altering the settings on outpost after reading through the outpost forums to no avail. Uninstalled outpost 4 and installed outpost 6. Works now after changing settings on that. Sorted anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017