NUETRAC 2.1 Wooden woofer system

maund 12:09 30 Oct 2006

Hi all,

I bought the above system today. Basic package, just want a bit of sound for the kids. Anyway, I'm having problems getting them going. The two satellite speakers connect to the output jacks of the sub woofer and then the sub woofer connects to the pc using the 1To2 RCA cable that came with the speakers.

No problem there, power to the speakers and that. I have an ASUS A8N-E motherboard and there are several connections at the back for left speaker, right speaker, front, mic and so on. I've plugged the speaker into the back of my PC using the front speaker slot. The asus RealTek sound manager pops up. I click on connector sensing...I get a warning to stop all other audio applications before starting..click OK. The RealTek does its stuff and comes back telling me the audio devices may not be connected properly...correct connection and check below connectors, front speaker, line in.

Can anyone suggest what is going wrong here please??

Regards

David

Stuartli 12:39 30 Oct 2006

You may/should have to configure the speaker setup menu for a 2.1 system (in my Realtek audio manager it's under Speaker Configuration tab).

In addition it's also worth checking out the Sounds and Audio Devices speaker configuration settings from Start>Settings.Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices.

maund 12:45 30 Oct 2006

Stuart thanks,

I know the speaker configuration tab...its says 2, 4, 8 speaker system etc...but how would that work with 2 satellites and a sub woofer. will check ur other suggestion.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?